Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
When you buy something, you do so with the understanding that the product went through safety inspections and is safe to use. Even though products are only supposed to reach the consumer when they are undoubtedly safe, dangerous and defective products at times can reach the hands of the buyers. If you or someone you care about has been injured by a defective product, an attorney from our firm can help you take legal action against the responsible party. Designers, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers have a duty to consumers to produce and sell products that are safe and when any of these parties fail in their duty they can be held liable for damages resulting from their negligence.
Defective products can include any number of things, including:
- Drug Manufacturers and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Toy Manufacturers
- Swimming Pools
- Car Safety Harnesses
- Infant / Baby Cribs
- Defective Medical Equipment
- Power Tools, including air-powered Nail Guns, Lawn Mowers, Snow-blowers
- Automobiles and Tires
Defective Product Injury Attorneys in Long Beach, California
Three main product defects exist and are typically associated with product liability actions:
- Design Defects – These occur in the product planning stages, before the product is created.
- Manufacturing Defects – These occur as the product is being made. It need only take a minor flaw to render a product extremely dangerous.
- Marketing Defects – These occur when sellers of the product – wholesale or retail – do not provide adequate warnings as to potential risk of injury, or do not provide proper instructions on the safe use of the product.
A Long Beach personal injury lawyer form our firm will investigate the matter to determine who exactly is responsible for a product’s defect. Whether the defect occurred in the design, manufacturing, or marketing phase of a product, your attorney will do everything possible to prove liability so that the responsible party will provide compensation for the injuries you suffered from using the dangerous & defective product.
Contact a Long Beach Personal Injury Attorney at Pacific Attorney Group today!